I shared these velvet booties in a poll on my Instagram Stories when they first arrived and about 25% of you said "nah, girl" but to the other 75% who gave me the thumbs up—thank you! I bought these on a whim during the holidays and totally forgot about them until they got here. While they might seem like a statement piece thanks to the velvet and sequins, I found they're really a lot more subtle than you might initially think.
I wanted them to take on a sophisticated appeal so I paired them with classic staples like a sleek Topshop trench coat and my new favorite knit Topshop turtleneck (definitely size up in this one!). I don't tend to go for fitted silhouettes on top but I really love the chic and effortless look it gives paired with high waisted denim. These booties add the perfect bit of interest to an otherwise basic ensemble and I just love the luxe touch for everyday wear. I also can't wait to pair these with sweater dresses and even bring them into spring with fresh whites.
For reference, I usually wear an 8 or 8.5 and sized UP to the 8.5 and these booties fit perfectly.
Thanks for reading and enjoy your week!