It's officially that time of year! Early Access to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale starts this Thursday, July 12th and while I'm sure many of you have seen, heard and shopped the sale in the past, I wanted to take a moment to share a few details + how I shop.
What is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale? And why is everyone telling me I need to shop it?
This once-a-year, one-of-a-kind sale is a bit different than other sales you'll find. Typically, brands will mark down end-of-season items. On the contrary, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale releases BRAND NEW items at up to 40% off. So instead of shopping spring and summer discounted pieces, you'll be seeing brand new merchandise for the fall and winter season ahead. Do note, they do also release plenty of transitional items, beauty, home, etc.
You'll want to take advantage of this sale if you're looking to get a head start on your fall and winter wardrobe, make a few key investment purchases or if you simply love a great deal.
When is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
- July 12-19, all cardmembers get to shop Early Access in stores and online. If you're not a Nordstrom cardmember, I promise you it's 100% worth it. I have a Nordstrom retail card which, to me, is the simplest way to go. It's not a credit card, there's no interest, no monthly payments. It's linked directly to your checking account and you earn points for every $1 spent.
- July 20-August 5, sale opens to everyone, with or without a Nordstrom card.
Tips + Strategy for Shopping the Sale
- My biggest tip is to shop early and to shop online. Items go fast, really fast. So if there's something you have your eye on, grab it!
- I prefer to purchase everything online and utilize their curbside or in-store pickup option when available. That way, I can buy online without the hassle and they usually have dressing rooms added to the order pickup section, so it's easy to see and quickly try-on items if needed.
- Prioritize your shopping needs. I like to start the sale having a clear picture of what I want/need. Browsing the entire sale can get overwhelming very quickly, so I like to make sure I have a focus. Here are a few of the main categories I like to take advantage of: denim, bags, boots/shoes, sweaters, outerwear.
Personally, I like to buy "classic" pieces in all of the above categories or items that fill a void in my wardrobe. For example, black ripped, high-rise jeans and nude loafers were on my list last year. For tops, I always know I like to find pieces for date night or styles that will take me from summer into fall, like lightweight sweaters and cardigans.
- Browse categories based on what you need/want most. I usually start with anchor pieces I know I want like denim, shoes and bags then move on to tops, sweaters and outerwear, followed by beauty and accessories!
- Don't be afraid to place multiple orders! I love Nordstrom because of their free shipping which means I never feel like I'm wasting money shipping multiple orders. Things sell out very quickly, so I like to snag items I know I want, then do another round to make sure I didn't miss anything or to grab things that came back in stock.
I hope this is helpful and for reference, feel free to browse a few of last year's sale posts HERE, HERE and HERE. I will be sharing more as the sale begins including what I bought, what I love and favorites still in stock as the sale goes along. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions at all and I always appreciate you shopping with me!